Friday, July 13, 2012

Teenage Mutant Ballet Turtles!

As I was cleaning and organizing my office the other day, I came across a bunch of my old sketchbooks.  One in particular was from when I was in high school.  Flipping through the pages reminded me how much I enjoyed drawing when I was a kid!  There was one illustration that caught my eye.  My teenage mutant ballet turtles!  TMNT was one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid, and it was also the very first video game I ever played and beat for my very first video game console, Sega Genesis.  My friends and I would draw these little guys over everything!  I don't know how we came about to add tutu's on the turtles and make them dance, but we did and it sort of became our signature characters!  10 years later I decided I should turn this into a digital illustration, just to bring back the happy memories of sitting in the back of my classes with my friends giggling and doodling the school day away.  I added the beach scene background.  It's always funny to see a bunch of turtles dancing ballet on the beach!



No comments:

Post a Comment