Hey blog world! I've been somewhat MIA from the blogging world the past few months. I've been going through a lot of changes with my work. It's not that I haven't been drawing, I have, its just that lately I've been really self conscious of my work and I've been trying to take steps to better improve my work. It's easy for me to get disapointed with myself when I don't feel my work is improving, and not being where I want to be in the art world. I've really been making more of an effort just to find myself, find my style, and create work that I can be proud of. I've been spending a lot of my time on Instagram finding new artist to follow, studying their work, and trying out new styles of my own. I've also been experimenting with new art materials. Going forward with my blog, I'm not only going to be sharing more of my work, but I'm also going to be sharing more of my work process, new art materials I've been loving, and new artists that have been inspired by. Also, if you aren't already following me on IG, please follow along @gina_land, as I try to post weekly doodles on there!
Friday, May 26, 2017
Its been quite some time, but I'm back! What better way to kick off Memorial Day weekend than with a Friday Favorites post!
1. Ulta's Butter Balm This stuff is awesome and comes in a bunch of colors! I got this in colors Belle and Thumbelina. Belle is a great every day color, while Thumbelina is a great color to wear if you're going out. It's also affordable!
2. Pretty As A Peach I picked this up at the end of last summer, and it has been my go-to fragrance ever since!
3. Talenti I have been obsessed with this ice cream, and have yet to come across a flavor I didn't like!
4. Copic Markers I only have a hand full of these markers, but they are seriously the best markers I've ever tried! I always get excited when I find a new medium that I enjoy using!
5. Essie Mint Candy Apple I have been wearing this color non-stop since getting it about a month ago! I rarely get my nails done, but I love polishing my own nails and this color is a great addition to my collection!
There ya go! I'm going to be updating my blog with new work more steadily from now on. I took a break for a while, and am excited to finally get back into it. More to come!