Friday, September 27, 2013

Halloween is in the air!

I'm usually not one to decorate for any holiday other than Christmas, however this fall/halloween I have been feeling a little festive!  After years of trying to perfect the art of carving pumpkins, and failing miserably each time, last year was the first year I gave up carving, and turned to painting pumpkins!  Do you remember this post, where I painted my very first pumpkin in the dark due to hurricane Sandy?  Well, I had so much fun painting it that this year I decided to paint two of them!  I prefer smaller pumpkins, for me they are just easier to handle, so I picked up two of 'em at ShopRite last week while I was food shopping.  I gathered all my supplies, including some yummy homemade cucumber water in my new mason jar (recipe here), and went to work!  (don't mind my pink striped pajama pants and polk-a-dotted slipper socks. I like to be comfy as I work, haha).


I took my time, and completed these two pumpkins in a just few days.  They were so much fun to paint, I wish I bought more!  Here are the end results...



Now the hard part is deciding where to put them.  In my living room in front of my fire place?  Or outside on my front steps?  Decisions decisions decisions...




No comments:

Post a Comment