Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tis the holiday season!

When most people think of the holiday season, they think of the most joyful time of year!  Spending time with close friends and family, eating delicious baked goods, driving around looking at all the christmas lights and decorations, sending out and receiving Christmas cards, and not only giving, but receiving great gifts!  Not me.  I see the holiday season in a completely different light.  Ever since I've entered adult hood the holidays just haven't been the same.  Decorating the house becomes a chore.  You feel cluttered with the over abundance of christmas decorations in your house (my house definitely looks like Christmas threw up in it).  There are crowds in malls, crowds in grocery stores, traffic everywhere, getting stuck behind UPS trucks driving slow in the fast lane, road rage, and the lovely gesture of flipping someone the bird when they cut you off.  I long for those happy Christmas nights as a child when I didn't have to deal with any of this.  When I was too young and naive to think anyone would ever dread the holidays.

There is one thing, however, I do enjoying doing.  Making Christmas gifts!  Some of my friends have kids, and this is the best/cheapest way for me to give them something, without feeling guilty about not spending a lot of money!  This is a gift I made my little cousin Gennaro.  He is 18 months old, and LOVES popcorn!  I got this awesome little popcorn bucket at Amazing Savings for .99 cents, personalized it with his name on the front, and the word 'popcorn' on the back with my paint pens, and drew little pieces of popcorn and pretzels all over.  And of course I filled it with some weird blue popcorn I found at Target for $2.  Not bad!




No comments:

Post a Comment