Monday, January 23, 2012

Wedding Garter!

I got an awesome sewing machine for Christmas that I haven't been able to step away from since!  It's a Bernette 12.  It's a beginners sewing machine, which is perfect for me since I have very little experience using them.  I've been so busy playing around with it and experimenting with different stitches, patterns, and fabric, that I really haven't been doing much else!   I just finished my hand made wedding invitations (which I will be posting after I mail them out so no one seems them before hand), and figured my wedding garter would be next!  After doing a lot of research, and frequenting youtube tutorials, this is what I came up with!  I wanted to stay away from the typical "something blue" (that is just not me), so I figured I'd make it in my wedding colors, which are black and red.  I did two different ones, and I'm not yet sure which one I am going to wear!


2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful!!! I especially love the second one! Your writing is great. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete