Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gennaro's 2nd birthday

My little cousin, Gennaro, just turned 2 and his birthday party is this weekend.  I wanted to make him something that he could actually play with and since I know he goes to the beach a lot, I thought this would be a cute idea!  I went to Amazing Savings and got these two sand buckets and filled them with cute little beach toys...a few shovels, some bubbles, a water gun, a beach ball, and some swimming tubes!  Then when I got home, I painted the outsides of the buckets with his name on one side, and a beach and water scene on the other using oil paint pens.  I really like painting things like this, but I don't get to do it that often, as I only know a handful of kids, and this really isn't an appropriate gift for an adult.  When it was all finished I got a little fancy.  I wrapped it up in some clear cello wrapping paper, and tied some red ribbon around it.  I hope this makes him smile!






No comments:

Post a Comment