Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Baby Shower Gift

I was invited to a baby shower a few weeks ago, and while I absolutely hate going to these things, I thought it would be a perfect idea to make a diaper cake!  This was only my second attempt at making them, so I was psyched about giving it another try!  I've also been seeing a lot of tutorials on Pinterest for these no sew hand made blankets, and have been dying to give that a try!  I made my way over to Walmart, grabbed some diapers, fabric, and ribbon and put myself to work!  Since I really wanted to try to make it a little more personal, I snagged the monkey, and wash cloths off her registry to complete the look.  The hardest part was trying to get the monkey to stay put!  The blanket was super fun to make and I am currently looking for an excuse to make another one!  Anyways, I folded the blanket under the diaper cake, wrapped it up in clear plastic wrap, tied a bow (which I totally suck at), and attached the card to the bow.  It was a pretty big hit at the shower!  






No comments:

Post a Comment