Friday, April 5, 2013

Children's book work!

Here are a few sketches I did a few months ago for a children's book.  The author ended up not liking these, so now I am posting them here!  They are a little different than my other stuff, and I'm not sure if the changes in my style is a good thing or a bad.  Regardless, I do like how these sketches came out.  After sketching them I brought them into Illustrator to make vector drawings.  I was really trying to experiment with the paint brush tools, something I've never done before.  It was kinda a pain in the butt, and a little frustrating because I don't fully understand the paint brush tools, but the outcome is a lot better than just drawing shapes with the pen tool and filling them in with color.  I want to experiment more with this technique in the future!  I also want to experiment again with making patterns in Illustrator...something I've always struggled with in the past.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment