Sunday, May 12, 2013

Patterns in Illustrator!

Ok, so I finally grasped the whole making patterns thing in Illustrator!  It might come as a surprise that an illustration major, who has had a good 10 years working in Illustrator, could not for the life of her figure out how to create seamless vector patterns!  I have always struggled with this, watching countless tutorials, and seeking help from friends.  But one day last week while I was on Pinterest, it crossed my mind to do a search for a tutorial.  I came across this awesome tutorial and in no time I was creating patterns!  Naturally I spent the rest of that night, and the majority of the week playing around and creating patterns!  Here are a few of the ones I made!













I guess you can say I went a little pattern happy.  I was just so excited that I finally figured this out, that I couldn't stop making them!  There is also a possibility that I might use a few of these patterns as backgrounds in some future illustrations.  


1 comment:

  1. I keep using your backgrounds as wallpapers on my phone!!!

    ReplyDelete