Sunday, January 18, 2015

Surprise!

I've had this blog for several years now, and for those of you who have been following me know I don't really post much about my personal life on here.  However I am super excited to announce that my husband and I will be expecting our first child this July!

We decided to wait until 13 weeks before sharing the news with friends and family.  In those long 13 weeks of living in secrecy, I came across this adorable pregnancy announcement on Etsy.  Our dog has been apart of our life for most of our relationship, so it was only natural to want to include her in our announcement.  Instead of purchasing this, I decided I would recreate my own!  I had an old 11 x 14 frame sitting around my house, so I took a piece of cardboard, painted it with chalkboard paint, and traced the lettering with stencils to make this cute little chalk board announcement!  I have always had a fascination with chalkboard art, but let me tell you, after spending the time drawing on this chalkboard, it's not as easy as it looks!  It's incredibly messy, frustrating, and you just can't get a good grip on the chalk.  Although I am happy with how this turned out, I think my days of experimenting with chalkboard art are done.  We had no intention on sending this to anyone by mail, because lets be honest, most people hate receiving these things, including myself, but my main reason for creating this announcement was so I had something creative to post when sharing the news on Facebook and Instagram.






I probably wont be sharing much more of my pregnancy or personal life on here...the last thing I want is for this to turn into another 'mommy blog'.  That's not what this blog is about.  However I will be sharing all the art related projects I will be making for Baby C, and maybe a little pregnancy doodle here and there.  I might post a belly shot or two on instagram, so be sure to follow me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment